- No installation needed! You don't need any privileges other than a bit of discspace to run kira on any computer - just extract and start the program. For operating systems or hardware that do not support the precompiled version, but have g++ installed, a quick compile of the ansi-version will give a working program in most cases.
- It works entirely textbased - there is no need (or, in fact, use) for the mouse. Inputfiles are plain text and can just be copied to another version of the program.
Input is entirely customisable. The inputwindow will remember your
last command (unless you tell it not to) and not mangle commands
with text from the mud, and you can use whatever keys you like for
standard actions like backspace.
This may be useful for keyboards that do not have all the keys, or terminal environments which do not see the difference between some keys.
- Aliases, variables, functions, macros, timers, walkcommands; that is, most of the standard features for mudclients except triggers (these will hopefully be included in a future version).
- Logfiles: either in plain text, or creating an html log with full colours. You can log to several logfiles at once, and always log to a standardfile with the current date and time.
- A split window for scrolling, allowing you to see new text arrive while viewing history.
- A reasonably advanced tab-/windowsystem, that allows you to add lines or windows with information to yourself, or connect to multiple muds (while viewing text from both at the same time).